Landing Zone Preparation
- Landing area must be at least 100 ft. x 100 ft. A hard/ firm, level surface is required. Mowed fields and ball fields are acceptable as long as they are dry and firm.
- An approach and departure path, clear of obstructions, must be available.
- All loose items or portable objects such as tents, displays or tables that may be blown around by the aircraft rotor wash must be removed from the area within 200 ft. of the landing zone or properly secured before the aircraft arrives or departs.
- It is helpful if the landing zone is marked by traffic cones or flares at the perimeter or corners.
- The pilot has final authority for the safe operation of the aircraft and will not land if the conditions are not acceptable for safe flight operations.
NOTE: All requests will be reviewed giving priority to prevention and patient safety training.